Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What to do on a Tuesday in Toronto...

It might not be an ideal way to spend your Tuesday, but this is how I spent mine:

So around 10am I arose from my bed and proceeded to prepare for the day--took a shower, ate, brushed my teeth, covered my naked self...




...awkward.

After that, I met up with a very, very special person at Dundas Square. Like most days, Dundas Square was bursting with live entertainment, loads of people swarming the square, hotdog vendors waiting for their next victim, etc.

We then made our way into the Eaton Centre where we decided to take a look around the infamous H&M. Unfortunately we came out unsuccessful, but not discouraged!




Afterwards we mosied on down towards Queen St. where our real adventure started. Queen St. is filled with so much to see. If you are a sushi fan, Queen St. West is the street for you, as a sushi restaurant can be found every ten stores down or so. Indian food tickle your tastebuds? They got those too. We however stopped at "The Footie Restaurant" just south of Queen and ordered ourselves some poutine and a piri piri chicken sandwich. I ordered myself a Corona, and boy, did it hit the spot.


After we finished eating we decided to check out the Farmer's Market at Trinity Bellwood's Park. The park was full of people soaking up the sun, playing tennis, riding their bikes, tossing around a frisbee, enjoying a picnic in the shade, chasing dogs...it was quite the popular attraction apparently.




We decided to take it easy and parked ourselves under a maple tree. It was relaxing and wonderful.


That was my Tuesday afternoon in Toronto. If you enjoy discovering new hidden boutiques or tasting new foods or trying on clothing you wouldn't find in a commercial shopping mall, I think a similar sort of day would suit you just fine.




-e

No comments:

Post a Comment