Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Update on "The Time Machine"

So as I've mentioned, I'm still in the process of reading "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells. If you've ever heard of the book, or are interested in reading it at all, I will provide you with a short plot summary to get you started.

As it goes,

There's a dude. He's quite the brain. He's so curious about Time being a Fourth Dimension that he decides to create a Time Machine. His curiousity gets the better of him, as it usually does--recall: the cat, and he decides to test his new invention. It shoots him into the year 800, 200 A.D.

(Wow.)

He records all he sees, hears, touches, tastes and experiences, and wow, does it blow your mind.

That's all I'm going to say about that. Honestly, it's a must-read. My dad, an English major and ex-journalist, told me it's "one of those books you need to get your hands on and read before your die."

So listen to Pop and go grab one, find a seat, sit in it, and consume a literary masterpiece.




No comments:

Post a Comment