Friday, May 13, 2011

What's Going On?

It was on the George Stroumboulopoulos Late Night Show that I learned Canadians are among the world's leading best "sitters". We love to sit. We lounge. We waste a copious amount of time on social networking sites. Hakunamatata. It is Friday the 13th and perhaps that may be the reason for all my friends deciding to stay indoors tonight. Or perhaps it is the sudden rain that started about fifteen minutes ago. Some "have work in the morning", others "haven't spent much family time lately". Really though, I think the reason they've all chosen to stay inside is because they are professional "sitters".

What are all my friends doing at this very moment? Melting into their couches and watching '90210' or catching up on last season's 'Dexter'. I don't have much to say for myself, I mean, how am I spending my time any better sitting at my laptop typing this out? My only defense is that my intentions were not to do so tonight.

I wanted to out with some guys 'n' dolls to go watch 'THOR'(which came out May 6th). I was even planning on suggesting heading out to a pub afterwards to enjoy a couple 'a' beers. Sadly my good intentions never received the oppurtunity to play themselves out.

Relationship-lovers, lazy slugs and club rats are what make up my scattered, and numerous, circle of friends. If they're not sitting, they're out at clubs dishing out money they don't have and making memories that will never be. If they're not at "Revival", they're at home in front of their TV set, or attending to their significant other's magnanimously important needs.

Makes me want to throw up.

Anyhow, that's all I have to say about that.



Oh, speaking of Friday the 13th...

No comments:

Post a Comment