Saturday, April 2, 2011

Today

Well, here I am once again. I find that when I end up blogging, it's usually when I have the least to say.
I do not want to read about Marshall McLuhan's "Laws of Media" any longer. I've suffered long enough. Not only am I totally missing the point as to what McLuhan's trying to explain, I'm not even understanding the numerous reviews written about his work. Reviews are supposed to clarify--not in this case.
It's 9:12 pm already. Where did today go? I woke up around 10am, talked on the phone with a very dear friend of mine for about an hour, walked downstairs to discover my uncle had come over to visit, walked back upstairs to organize my room, concluded that the weather was nice enough to spend a few hours outside, and then proceeded to take my dog for a long walk. After our three-hour "walk", it really was more of a crawl--my dog moves at turtle-pace, we arrive home to find out both my parents had left, and my sister was no longer at home, where she was supposed to be, might I add.
And I was without my key.
So I began to weigh my options: wait for parents? continue ridiculously long walk? contemplate eating dog? eat dog then use fur as coat for warmth? It was cold now, very cold.
Neither of these options appealed to me, really. So I took a look at my phone and remembered about an old friend that lives near by. Ring, ringgg!
"I'm locked out with Bella..."
"No problem! Come on over and bring Bella with you!"

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

So I made my way over to her house and gossiped there until I got the call. THE CALL.
"There's a spare key under the kauerugblawoeiowfrjvjanortr"
"Sure Dad, I know exactly where that is."

Whatever.

I thanked my friend for her lovely hospitality and continued on my way with my trusty canine companion.
Mom just notified my about some spaghetti that's waiting for me downstairs!
Long story short, well, shortened: we made it home, after a few torturous minutes found the spare key, and entered my warm comfortable domain.
TIME FOR FOOOOOD.
So long for now!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment